Director of Business Development
Do you want to impact the lives of nearly all Americans by eliminating the errand of going to the gas station? Booster has redesigned the infrastructure required to deliver gas to consumers and replaced the gas station with mobile delivery. Park, push a button, and get fuel delivered while you’re away. We use hardware and software to reinvent the gas supply chain and create an experience that is faster, better, lower cost, and FAR more enjoyable than the gas station. We are a small well-funded team that is growing quickly out of Burlingame, CA.
About the Role
We are looking for an ambitious, articulate, high energy person that will be responsible for building and scaling our sales capabilities in both b2b2c and b2b channels. This is your chance to be part of a ground floor opportunity that will impact the future of how America fuels their vehicles. You must be comfortable managing to results, creating sales strategies, leading teams, and also directly executing. This position reports directly to the CEO.
Successful candidates will be entrepreneurial, discontent with the status-quo and obsessed with improving anything they touch.
- Create and maintain full ownership of the outside and inside sales and business development functions within our existing Bay Area market.
- Develop strategies to increase sales velocity and efficiency, and build-out the sales business development function.
- Identify and qualify new business opportunities, evolve existing sales and develop an active pipeline of projected opportunities
- Make sound judgment decisions, adapt in a dynamic and changing environment and be an advocate for our customers and company
- Support the launch of new markets
- Drive key performance metrics to achieve company goals
- Close deals and facilitate smooth hand-offs to partner relationship manager(s)
- Create a productive, high energy, and achievement oriented team environment
- Be a positive role model in all situations with a foundation of integrity
- Create and deliver client-focused presentations that address customer objectives and generate two-way dialogue
- Ability to lead complex cross-functional strategy sessions to deliver outstanding customer centric solutions
- Develop solid relationships with customers by providing them with excellent customer service
- Identify and implement continual process improvement initiatives to enhance the performance of the position, team, and company
- 5+ years of experience in sales within a relevant fast-paced environment; or
- Real estate, management consulting, or investment banking experience
- Passionate about achieving individual and team success. Self-driven, motivated and results oriented
- Experience creating, leading, coaching, and mentoring a high performing team
- Adaptable, entrepreneurial, and a persistent go-getter
- Ability to think, plan and sell strategically
- Possess a consultative, customer centric selling philosophy
- High integrity, ethics, and team-building abilities
- Polished communication skills; ability to deliver Booster’s message to senior executives
- Impeccably detailed oriented; ability to progress 100s of in process deals without letting a ball drop
- Strong presentation, organization and time management skills
- Medical, Vision, and Dental insurance
- Gas available at cost
- Unlimited PTO
- Early stage startup environment
- Equity in Booster
- Work directly with the founders
Booster Fuels, is committed to providing equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or any other protected status with respect to recruitment, hiring, promotion and other terms and conditions of employment. Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by associates assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.